I've realized this clean sweep thing is going to be a long process...LOL I did get alot of cleaning done though--and quite a bit of laundry.
Yesterday after school I needed to take Luke to the eye doctor for his yearly exam. Like myself, Luke has astigmatism and wears glasses. Although I don't wear mine all the time, just for tv, computer, reading,and driving at night. But I'm happy to report that his vision is improving...I was beyond thrilled to hear this.
He was such a trooper. His exam usually takes about an hour and a half--they test everything, they even dilate his eyes to get a better look inside of his eyes.
His doctor told me that last year they couldn't get his prescription any better than a 20/40 and now he is at 20/25!! I was SOOO happy!!!
We ordered him a new pair of glasses, as little boys tend to be a bit rough, and his were pretty scratched up.
On another note, I think I shocked a few people in my last post about working 12-hour shifts...LOL It's something I actually prefer doing!! I get alot of days off, because we work 3 days one week, then 4 the next. And I really do love my job! I work as a nurse's aide in a nursing home. One section is assisted living, but I am in the health care center, this is where the people cannot live on their own anymore. Some of them have early altzeimers, or dementia--some can no longer walk or even get out of bed. Out of the 40 or so patients, there are about 15 who can no longer feed themselves, so we feed them at mealtimes. It can be stressful at times, but it's also very rewarding. These are their final days. and we try to make them as happy and as comfortable as we can. Some just break your heart though--alot of them have no family left, and there are others that have family but never come to visit.
Every day when I leave there, I thank God for what I have--my own house to come home to, a wonderful family, we cannot take these things for granted. We need to appreciate what we have RIGHT NOW!! And thank God for what we're blessed with!
1 comment:
I coudn't have said it better myself.
Post a Comment