Friday, August 29, 2008

Show and Tell Friday!! - August 29

Today is Show and Tell Friday! To see all the wonderful entries stop over at Kelli's house, you won't be disappointed!! :o)

I had no idea what I was going to share today, until this morning--so I want to show you my beautiful matrushkas--which are Russian stacking dolls. I simply love them!! The larger one I've had for about eight years now. My husband and I had went to see the Moscow ballet, and of course after every show or concert you go to, they were selling souvenirs. Well these definately caught my eye. They are handpainted, which is amazing I think, and there is Russian writing on the bottom--hopefully one day I will learn what it says.....LOL The second picture shows all of the smaller dolls from the inside...so cute. Thanks to everyone for stopping by today! Happy Friday!!



7 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Love this dolls. I always have but have none. If I ever get to Russia I will bring a set home. Yours are lovely.

Kelli said...

I *love* your matrushkas! They have the sweetest faces!
~Kelli

Carla said...

Love these! My mom always had stacking dolls she set out for Christmas (which my kids LOVED playing with) and this year I'm adding a nativity set. I just can't get over how cool these are! Thanks for sharing yours

Pattie said...

Your matrushkas are just darling! I love the bright colors and cheerful smiles. Thanks for sharing them today.

Little GrumpyAngel said...

They are way pretty! I have a matrushkas, too. The motiff is in blue. I like yours better. More colorful.

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I love how they are all holding different things.

Tammi said...

I love your matrushkas. They are darling!