
I have been waiting all week for this! As a new blogger, I couldn't wait to join in the fun of Show and Tell Friday!! Thank you Kelli for hosting this! :o)
All of my family and friends know that I love everything about the Amish, I find them fascinating. So imagine my surprise while going to yard sales one day, I came across the cutest little amish dolls, a boy and girl. The lady selling them told me they were handmade, and she had bought them while vacationing in Lancaster, Pennsylvania--hopefully I will have the pleasure of visiting one day. :)
They were five dollars each--pretty good deal I think--and the little boy used to have a hat, but somehow our cats always end up pulling it off his head and hiding it...LOL I have named them Jacob and Emma, and I already had the bench they now sit on. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's show and tell. Have a great weekend!!

12 comments:
Yes...yes! You and me both. I too am fascinated by these people and their life's simplicity! Love the dolls!
[have you ever seen the movie "Witness"? Starring Harrison Ford...from quite a while ago? It's about an Amish family...]
Happy Show n Tell day
I have a love for the Amish lifestyle as well!!! :) Have you ever read books by Beverly Lewis? They are GREAT!!!
Jacob and Emma are adorable! We recently spent some time in Western New York and I was fascinated by the Amish. I loved to see their laundry hanging on the clothesline - it looked so orderly all lined up by article and color. There were some charming photo opportunities, especially of the little boys dressed exactly like their fathers but I had to respect their privacy and keep my camera in its case.
too cute!
Your Amish dolls are so cute. There is an Amish community in northern Michigan and whenever we drive to our property up there we enjoy driving through the area. They are very interesting people. We have gotten to know one family because the lady is a fabulous quilter (almost all the the Amish women are wonderful quilters). She has done some quilting for me on a couple of occasions. I always marvel at the craftmanship and ingenuity these gentle people utilize in so many areas.
Have a nice weekend...Kathy
WOOWEEE look at that BLUE! I love how someone can use God's colors to really honor Him, and amaze everyone else! What sweet dolls-and at such a good price!
Welcome Christine!!! I bought my little granddaughter the boy & girl Amish dolls when we were in PA Amish country. They are adorable.
Susan
These dolls are adorable! How great that you found them. I read Hootin' Annie's comment, and I agree "Witness" is a good movie to watch and it happens to have Amish characters.
Welcome to Show & Tell. I'm fairly new to it also.
I live about 30 miles from Amish country-Lancaster and we get up there a few times a year. I'd love to live there.
Your dolls were a great buy and are really cute.
Speaking of Witness, I know where many of the scenes were shot.
How cute your dolls are! Nice to meet you stop over to my blog sometime for a visit.
Sincerely,
Mary Ann
I love learning about the Amish and your little dolls are wonderful finds! So sweet!
~Kelli
Cute dolls! I've visited the Amish communities in Lancaster, PA as well as two in Ohio and one in Tennessee.
Mama Bear
Post a Comment