Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesday - Surprise Recipe

So, I was cleaning out the fridge since tomorrow is trash day--and as I moved a bag of shredded parmesan cheese, there was a recipe on the back that caught my eye. Parmesan Spinach Casserole--how heavenly does that sound? I love spinach, so I just might have to re-arrange my menu for this week. I think I can make it Thursday, instead of lasagna. So, here it is if anyone would like to try:

Parmesan Spinach Casserole

2 pkgs. frozen, chopped spinach (10 ounces each)

2 eggs, well beaten

2 Tlbs. butter

2 Tlbs. cracker crumbs

1/2 cup cottage cheese

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded

Salt and pepper to taste

Defrost spinach; blend with the remaining ingredients. Pour into a buttered

1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until firm, and eat up!! :)

*I will serve this with salad and bread* Let me know if anyone else tries this.

Happy Tuesday!!

3 comments:

Tammi said...

It sounded good until I got to the cottage cheese. I just could never learn to like that stuff.

Tammi said...

LOL. Thanks for trying but it is the same to me. Maybe I just need to pass on this one.

Have a great Wednesday!

Julieann said...

OHHH, yummy!!! I love spinach too.

Let us know how yummy it was.

Julieann

P.s. tomorrow is my trash day too!